- A checkpoint on the inaugural Memorial March of the Coldstream Guards was named after Dougie. The March took place on Sunday 8th 2013 when walkers navigated the route on the North York Moors, via a number of manned checkpoints, each of them named after a member of the Coldstream Guards who has fallen in action during recent conflicts. This year Checkpoint 4, in the village of Cold Kirby, was named after Dougie. Members of Dougie's family and the Trust were hoping to join the walkers on the route.
The aims of the March are:
- To honour the memory of Coldstreamers who have fallen in recent conflicts
- To raise money for the Regimental Charitable Fund
- To attract new members to the Coldstream Guards Association
- To raise public awareness of the contemporary military environment
This year the March comprised a 12 mile route over undulating terrain with the start and finish point being the North York Moors Visitor Centre on Sutton Bank.